TikTok is a popular video-sharing platform that features thousands of creators who try to share their content and win the hearts of millions of viewers. As a social media content creator, your sole purpose will be to boost engagement with your audience. TikTok has facilitated this with its feature of going live. Here is what you have to know about going live.
What is TikTok Live?
TikTok live is a real-time broadcasting feature that enables direct interaction with your viewers through live-stream and chat. These informal live broadcasts may span for a shorter period. Brands often use this feature to create structured live programs like cooking shows, workout tutorials, or product tutorials. However, you have to earn this feature. Here is what you must do to earn this feature and make the most of it.
Why Can’t I Go Live on TikTok?
To enable the live capability in the TikTok platform, you must meet the below-mentioned criteria:
- You must be at least 16 years of age, determined by your profile information.
- You will need at least 1000 followers.
Further, TikTok live offers an additional feature for creators above 18 years of age. This category of Creators is eligible to receive gifts from their fans for enjoyable content.
You must satisfy the above requirements to go live on TikTok. However, if you have turned 16 just now and hold at least 1000 followers, you must wait a few more days for TikTok’s records to update. If you are still unable to go live, you can follow the below procedure:
- Go to the TikTok app and tap on your Profile icon.
- At the top right corner, you will see three dots. Tap on it to open ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down to the support section and select Report a problem.
- Now choose the option, ‘I have an issue with live.’ If you are a live host, select ‘I cannot go live.’
- Then, click on the Submit button and fill up a report requesting them to enable the live feature for your account.
- Click “Send.”
Once your profile satisfies the above conditions, you can unlock TikTok’s live-streaming capability. Here you will get to know how to go live on TikTok.
How To Go Live on TikTok?
Going live on TikTok is pretty effortless if you follow the below procedure:
- Open the TikTok app, and click on the ‘+’ symbol at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you will see the in-app camera screen. Go to the navigation at the bottom of the screen and swipe right to select the ‘LIVE’ option.
- You must now give a title for your live stream event and add an image. The label has a character limit of 32. Further, provide a clear, concise, and catchy title to instantly grab your viewer’s attention.
- Now, the final step is to tap ‘Go live.’ Although you’ve gone live, you can still flip the camera, add effects, and filter comments. Further, your followers will receive a notification once you are live.
TikTok also offers you an option to co-host your live session along with a maximum of 20 other people. This is a fantabulous option, especially for businesses with the same niche. This feature will help you tap into new customers and is one of the best ways to collaborate and expand your customer base.
How to Go Live With Someone on TikTok?
- After you go live on TikTok, click on a circular blue and pinkish icon at the bottom left to invite others to join your live room as a co-host.
- Now you can see a list of people who request to join or watch your live video.
- Next, you will see a list of people requesting to join your session and those watching your live session.
- Tap the ‘add’ button to select the people you wish to invite.
Tips to make the best of TikTok Live Streams
Define Your Goal
It is good to live stream with a goal. A clear-cut plan can render you an extraordinary live session. Whether you wish to promote a new product, drive traffic to your website, or bond with your community, defining your purpose helps you to pick a relevant topic.
Accomplish Your Goal with a Topic
Once you decide on your goal, you can pick a relevant, enticing topic that will serve your followers’ needs. For example, if your goal is to promote a product, you can live stream how that product helps solve everyday problems. This can be a single or broader topic that could be covered for a month or week.
Structure Your Session
The success of your live session depends on how long you can keep your audience engaged throughout the session. For example, you can plan to include a Q&A session. Hence, it is necessary to prepare the session’s beginning, end, and transition. This will ensure clarity and yield good results.
Choose the Right Time Slot
Going live at the right moment is the most important strategy to follow. Therefore, you must always pick the time when your followers are the most active on TikTok. You can utilize the information in the follower activity section on your TikTok analytics. This will help you go live at the right moment and get maximum engagement from your live session.
Keep it Shorter
You need to restrict your live session to a minimum of 30 minutes. This way, you can hold on to your audience’s interest till the end.
Do not Script
Getting a script ready for your live session will make it more artificial. TikTok is a platform that encourages raw content. Hence, it is vital to not script and just be prepared with a structure on how to conduct your session.
Ensure the Quality
Before you go live, always ensure your internet connection is stable. Further, your video should be of excellent quality. Hence, use the proper lighting and sound quality and avoid interruptions.
Make a call to action
Always include a call to action before ending your session. This can be dropping comments for a specific product or directing them to your site.
Interaction is the sole purpose of TikTok live. Therefore, thank your new visitors and those followers who gifted you during the session. Further, remember to be responsive to their queries.
Ideas for your next TikTok Live
If you are wondering what to come up with in your next live session, here are some examples to rely on:
Take up a challenge
Take up a challenge and try it out on screen.
Host Live Shopping Sessions
Live shopping allows you to curate the products you added in TikTok and host a live shopping session.
You can interview fellow TikTokers. This way, you can earn new audiences and also improve your collaboration.
Your audience is the ones who are going to experience your content. Therefore, asking them for their feedback on your content is a good idea. This way, you will get to know your audience’s expectations and mold your way accordingly for the next live session.
Film a Live Q&A
While you are live, you can wait for your audience to shoot out the questions and answer them.
Show your audience how you work or some behind-the-scenes tour that will give a glimpse into your work.
Shoot How-to Videos
Share your knowledge of doing with your audience. For example, you can live stream cooking an exciting recipe. This way, you can entice your audience and keep them engaged for the rest of the video.
Discuss current events
Enumerating current events through your live stream will connect your audience with you.
Show how your product is made
Demonstrate your authenticity while showing how you make your products.
Put on a live-stream fundraiser
Fundraising is a perfect way to unite with your audience and create bonding. To encourage your audiences’ to participate, you can announce prizes or match donations.
TikTok live is an excellent tool for creating brand awareness, community engagement, lead generation, and achieving great conversions. However, you must plan well to use it strategically and reach the desired goal.